Sunday 17 October 2010

Farewell Toronto


Preparing to leave Toronto, a little sad.

Anyone who has read this from the beginning know that all the places I work get under my skin and I go through an 'I love it here, I could live here' phase. Well Canada has REALLY got under my skin.

This country has all the optimism, freshness and opportunity of the US, but with a healthy dose of European humour. There is a very broad ethnic mix and there don't seem to be the undercurrents of unrest and resentment that come with that mix elsewhere in the world. The Canadians are truly welcoming, liberal and pleasant.

Cultural stereotypes are a politically incorrect but the more I travel the more I realise they are grounded in fact. And that's wonderful. Well the Canadians are as happy, pleasant and laid back as the stereotype suggests.

Could I live here? The winter puts me off, but apart from that yes, in a heartbeat. I certainly hope to be returning to this wonderful, interesting country and particularly to this utterly wonderful company.

No comments:

Post a Comment