Sunday 20 March 2011

Kommilitonen!



Kommilitonen opened on Friday night. A great night. The Academy Theatre was packed with the great and the good who responded enthusiastically to a fine performance from the students. This is a good piece and I hope it continues to have a life long after the RAM production is finished.

I spent most of Friday in meetings with gratifyingly enthusiastic colleagues from the Juilliard School in New York, who will revive this production in November. We are all looking forward to working with a new set of students on the piece, and also looking forward to a month in one of my favourite cities!

In between meetings I managed to grab an hour watching some of the RAM Bass players in a masterclass with Matthew McDonald, the young Australian Principal Double Bass of the Berlin Philharmonic. It put a big smile on my face! Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment