Monday 8 February 2010

RELUCTANT BLOGGER 1

There are many people out there in the ink-jet black void of the internet writing quite dull blogs about themselves. I have always been reluctant to add to their number and further clutter up the ether. However I am lucky enough in my professional life to travel widely and realised that most of my experiences have gone un-documented, un-photographed, and un-commented upon – usually little more than a 'Yeah, good trip thanks!'

I've already been to so many places and have little to show for the experience, and surprisingly few memories too, so this blog is as much an opportunity for me to chart my trips for myself as for the anticipated pleasure of any reader who might stumble upon it.

I have long admired those with the discipline to write a diary or keep a scrapbook, but in my attempts to keep a diary I have always become unbearably navel-gazing and the results bore me let alone anyone else - in fact nobody but an unemployed psychologist without a real case to work on would be able to stomach more than a paragraph of my diary attempts. No, I've always produced my best when doing so for an audience, real or imagined, which leads me to offer this, dear reader, to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment